Power of a Share

SharingOn Saturday, I shared my experience about finding God (thanks to Mee-a and Larry) on my Youth Group's sharing session. But as I shared I noticed that almost no one was listening and even the worship leaders were talking to each others (- -). I felt rather down but I continued talking... but soon enough, in the latter part of the sermon, the preacher commented my earlier share and asked "Do you want miracles to happen on your life?". Of course everyone said yes, but then he continued with "Do you want that if you need money, you pray, and money fell from the sky for you? Or when you need to phone someone urgently when you have no cellphone credits, you pray and suddenly it's connected? Or when you are sick and cannot move, you pray and suddenly you can jump out of bed? Well be careful of those teachings because it is not right." (I can hear you guys yelling and screaming... >_<)

Okay, I don't want to judge him because I am too still imperfect. He did continue later that the biggest miracle for a Christian is in the salvation and sacrifice of Christ. Well, that's true but still what's wrong in wanting to be closer to God to be able to really see Him with my own eyes and hear Him with my own ears? If that's a miracle for him, then I think he need to find God more, because it's not a miracle, a lot of people have experienced that (Mee-a, Chette, Venety, Marisa, etc). Even more yesterday Marisa was angry when she heard about this because those things the preacher said happened to her. When she had no money and she really needed it, her cell group leader gave her money. And she has also received blessings of healing on her life. So, think the preacher is not open minded? For a man of God he really must learn more about God and His powers!

But God did not stop there. To my surprise, after the youth group finished, one of my friends came to me and asked me how can she experience those things I said in my share? How can she also be real close to God and really be able to hear and see Him? (actually I haven't been able to see and hear Him directly too). I told her to do just what Larry and Mee told me to do when I asked them the same question. I thank the Lord for He has pulled yet another soul to draw close to Him, just as He pulled me close two months ago. From a share, which I thought was useless and unheard, He used it to touch a person's heart and bring her closer to Him, seeking Him more. Even though our Youth Group may see us as "radicals", I told her not to be afraid.... God is with us.


••• Monday, November 03, 2003 •••
About Myself


Born on 23 March 1984
New-Born on 10 August 2003
Residing in Surabaya, Indonesia
Petra Christian University, Informatics Eng.
E-Mail : chaoticblue@gmail.com
Yahoo : blu3_dr4g00n@yahoo.com
MSNM : blu3_dr4g00n@hotmail.com

Current Music - Aerith's Theme MIDI
Taken from Final Fantasy VII MIDI
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Old Archives

  • October 19, 2003
  • October 26, 2003
  • November 02, 2003
  • November 09, 2003
  • November 16, 2003
  • November 23, 2003
  • November 30, 2003
  • December 07, 2003
  • December 14, 2003
  • December 21, 2003
  • December 28, 2003
  • January 04, 2004
  • January 11, 2004
  • January 18, 2004
  • January 25, 2004
  • February 01, 2004
  • February 08, 2004
  • February 15, 2004
  • February 29, 2004
  • March 28, 2004
  • April 04, 2004
  • April 11, 2004
  • April 18, 2004
  • April 25, 2004
  • May 02, 2004
  • May 23, 2004
  • May 30, 2004
  • July 18, 2004
  • July 25, 2004
  • August 01, 2004
  • August 08, 2004
  • October 03, 2004
  • My Friends and Visitors
    Links:


    Referrals:

    Credits Roll
    blogger for engine.
    blogskins for the skins.
    serendipityq for layout.

    W.Bloggar Blogger

    Give Me A Shout!
    Name :
    Web URL :
    Message :