Thou Shall Not Speed

Car SmackWanna know why? When today I nearly missed a collision with a truck (my right door was so close with the truck's side grille, if I didn't steer left sharply maybe it would have left a deep scratch mark on my door, ouch!). Then I come to think about the risks of high-speed driving. I started to think deeply about speeding, is it a bad trait or a good trait? Sure, it can be both, depending on how good is your driving skills and how good you use it. Let's see...

Say if you're a good driver, and then one day there's a ruckus or a riot happening near you. You need to get out of there fast, so you decide to run into your car and start driving as fast as you can. Having some great driving skills at that time can prove to be very handy, as that can save your life. But what about the bad side of speeding? That's if you don't have an adequate driving skills and you try speeding in the central city district. That would be suicidal. What happens if you crash and you lose your life? If you're a saved Christian, it would mean you're going Home and you can no longer serve whatever purpose God has in mind for you. If you're not saved, that means you'll see hell opening beneath you and you'll lose your soul for eternity. The enemy wins either way.

That's why people say some movies are harmful for the non-mature audience. Watching 2 Fast 2 Furious for example, will increase your adrenaline and make you feel like wanting to go inside your car as soons as you can and speed around the city. That's what happened to me right here just now, ha ha. But don't worry guys, I'm not gonna change this new layout, I'll just have to be careful with my life from now on. My driving skills ain't good enough for racing stuff, and if someone would give me a racer nickname, that would be "Reckless Speeder".

I'll have to learn, when to drive fast, and when I should not. Some improvement in my driving skills may be called for too, as I am still a reckless one, and all I can drive is my Peugeot 206 (driving larger cars will lead to danger for me, I've tried driving a Honda CRV and it didn't turn out quite well), and I can't drive Manual Transmission too. So before I do anything rash, I need to have self-control and wisdom on when and how speeding is necessary.

Some notes:
I've been thinking that this is how the enemy works, by using some movies to intimidate suicidal stuff. Okay, the movies themselves may not be that, but if you fail to guard your mind and thoughts, you may be into some rash actions. I've been thinking about how many youngsters have watched movies like 2 Fast 2 Furious, went speeding in the streets, crashed, died, and went to hell. That's not a good thing, no? So next time you watch a movie like that, pray first, pray after, guard your mind and thoughts, don't lose control. Don't give in to the enemy.


••• Monday, January 05, 2004 •••
About Myself


Born on 23 March 1984
New-Born on 10 August 2003
Residing in Surabaya, Indonesia
Petra Christian University, Informatics Eng.
E-Mail : chaoticblue@gmail.com
Yahoo : blu3_dr4g00n@yahoo.com
MSNM : blu3_dr4g00n@hotmail.com

Current Music - Aerith's Theme MIDI
Taken from Final Fantasy VII MIDI
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Old Archives

  • October 19, 2003
  • October 26, 2003
  • November 02, 2003
  • November 09, 2003
  • November 16, 2003
  • November 23, 2003
  • November 30, 2003
  • December 07, 2003
  • December 14, 2003
  • December 21, 2003
  • December 28, 2003
  • January 04, 2004
  • January 11, 2004
  • January 18, 2004
  • January 25, 2004
  • February 01, 2004
  • February 08, 2004
  • February 15, 2004
  • February 29, 2004
  • March 28, 2004
  • April 04, 2004
  • April 11, 2004
  • April 18, 2004
  • April 25, 2004
  • May 02, 2004
  • May 23, 2004
  • May 30, 2004
  • July 18, 2004
  • July 25, 2004
  • August 01, 2004
  • August 08, 2004
  • October 03, 2004
  • My Friends and Visitors
    Links:


    Referrals:

    Credits Roll
    blogger for engine.
    blogskins for the skins.
    serendipityq for layout.

    W.Bloggar Blogger

    Give Me A Shout!
    Name :
    Web URL :
    Message :